"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."-Leonardo da Vinci

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Flight Lesson: 10-24-09

Did my Dual and Solo Short XC today. I had so much fun. We went from LBX direct to ELA, did some T&G's at ELA, and flew back to LBX.

I called the weather Briefer and got the winds aloft information, then we went in and I filed the Flight Plan. Then we got in the plane and took off and got on course, Climbed to 3,000ft. I stayed dead on course and hit all my Checkpoints right where I planed to. Stayed with in seconds of my Checkpoint times. Got with in 10nm of ELA and we started getting in to a lot of birds. Even one flock of Sand hill Cranes flew over about 200ft above us. Came in and made a great landing at ELA, back taxied to One Seven, took off and came back in for another landing. Then headed back to LBX.

The trip back was rather uneventful. Just good, Fun XC Flight! Once we got back to LBX we taxied to the hangar and and shut her down. Then my CFI told me to hope in the plane and taxi it back to the terminal and we get some gas put in it and I'd do the same route, Solo!! So We went in the office and I got my Logbook endorsed while I ate a quick snack.

After I ate and the plane got it's tanks topped off, I hoped in the plane and took off on my Solo XC!! I stayed right on course, was dead on all my Checkpoints. Only got a tad interesting when I had to climb over a flock of Dark Geese in my flight path. Came in and made a great landing, back taxied, took off, and headed back to LBX. Again, nothing special happened on the way back.Landed at LBX and and taxied to the hangar and my CFI picked me up.I had such a great time today!! My favorite Flight to date!! I took a ton of pics and a few videos.

I now have 27.6 Total Hours Logged.



If you look you can see "100 Years" wrote in this field.

Looking off the right wing with Houston in the skyline.
About 5nm North West of LBX.


Me...


Coming in for landing at ELA








No comments:

Post a Comment