"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."-Leonardo da Vinci

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Today's O-Flight

I had a great Flight today. Me and one other CAP Cadet had an O-Flight from BYY to GLS then back to BYY. The weather was great, we had a Overcast Ceiling of 1,900ft. The Air was slightly Turbulent but not to bad. Once on the Ground at GLS me and the other Cadet swapped seats so he could get some time in the Right Seat. While being a passenger for only the second time in a GA Aircraft I took the time to take pics of the return flight to BYY with my Cell Phone (You'll find the pics at the Bottom of this post).

When we got back to BYY and after I downed some Pizza for a quick Lunch I was given a chance to take another O-Flight and do some some Flight Maneuvers such as Stalls, Steep Turns, Climbing and Descending Turns, Slow Flight and Ground Reference Maneuvers. We even did two Simulated Engine Out Approaches in the field over which we were doing the Ground Reference Maneuvers. We had a lot packed in to the short Flight. After finishing up all the maneuvers we landed the plane at LBX, which was my old home Airport. It was great to be back at LBX. I even saw the old Cessna 152 I flew for most of the time I've logged. I loved flying that old Bird.

If the weather is well I will be making a XC Flight next week to start knocking out my XC time needed for my PPL (Private Pilot Licence).

On to the Pictures. (Beware: The pics came from my Cell Phone and are not very clear)


This is a Pic of BYY as we crossed over Midfield for Runway Three One.

The refinery East of BYY.
LBX as we flew over Midfield Enroute to BYY. Note that the Runway is being resurfaced (Boy did it need that) and you must land on the much narrower Taxi Way.

Highway 288 just east of LBX.

A view of the Gulf Of Mexico just West of GLS out the Left Wing.

The Moody Garden's Pyramid's North of GLS.


Over looking the Marsh west of GLS.

Western tip of Galveston Island

No comments:

Post a Comment