"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."-Leonardo da Vinci

Friday, February 5, 2010

Flight Lesson: 02-05-10

I had a great Flight Lesson today. Had the set back the flight due to Weather. It was foggy, and had a quite low ceiling for most of the morning. I was flying the old bird, 1964 Cessna 172E. We were planing to do XC work today, but we did not have time for the flight due to the weather setting us back. So, we did some VOR work, Steep Turns, then came back to the Airport for some Stop and Goes.



After Pre-flighting the Plane we pulled her out of the Hangar and taxied down to Runway Three One. Did our run up and took off with a West Departure. As we turned West you could see the sun reflecting Orange off of West Bay. A pretty sight. then, we did some Nav Work to the PSX VOR, then did some Steep Turns. After we did that we headed back to BYY for some Stop and Go Take Off and Landings. I was amazed at how good my Landings were as I have not had much Flight Time in the past while. My flying was close to being how it was back when I flew the C152.

we did some Short Field Take off and landings, some Soft Field Take Off and Landings, then normal landings. On the third Normal Landing my CFI told me to taxi back the the hangar. Then told me to Turn Right, rather than Left like normal. He then opened the door and said, "Ok, I'll let you solo. Do me Proud!" So I taxied back down to Three One, did all my checks while my CFI got his Hand Held Radio.



I took off and went one round in the Pattern. Boy did the 172 Climb like a fighter without my CFI next to me (Just as the 152 did when I soloed in it). My landing was good. Tad bit high over the Numbers, though. Second one was a lot better, We made the Third one my last. It was good too.



It was a great Lesson. I now have 33.5 Hours logged.

No comments:

Post a Comment