"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."-Leonardo da Vinci

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Flight Lesson: 04-25-10

I awoke this morning, eager to get out to the Airport as I was going to be doing a Solo XC to VCT. My CFI was not going to be at the Airport, and he had a copy of my Flight Plan and we were going to both work one out then compare them, and make the Go/No Go Decision. We ended up making the call to scrub the Flight due to the Winds being higher than forecast (320 11KT G18). I left the Airport a bit disappointed that I did not get to make the Flight, and that I would have to wait yet one more week in hopes that the Weather would hold.

Then, about 6pm this evening I got a phone call from my CFI asking if I wanted to go up for a Night Flight to knock out the last seven landings I needed to finish up the Night portion of my training. I with out hesitation jumped at the chance to fly. The weather was perfect, so on wards, and up wards we went. The landings were a bit rough, but it's not like I have had a ton of Night Landings under my belt. lol

I landed with 0.9 hours on the Hobbs, coming to a total Time of 44.0 Hours total in the books. My CFI says I just need to knock out the last Solo XC and I'm ready to start preparing for the Check Ride!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment