"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."-Leonardo da Vinci

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Flight Lesson: 05-01-10

Had a very interesting Flight this morning. I took off this morning on my last solo XC Flight needed for my FAA Minimums. I got about 6nm West of BYY and the Ceiling dropped from 2,600ft and 7nm Visibility, to 1,600ft and about 3nm Visibility. Though in places I was having trouble staying clear of clouds at 1,000ft. So I opted to turn back to BYY and wait for a better day to Fly.

I knew that along my Flight Path, there is a Tower going to to 1,543msl. Being that I was down to 1,000ft, continuing on course would risk hitting the tower half way up.

"It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the Air, than to be in the Air wishing you were on the ground"

No comments:

Post a Comment