"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."-Leonardo da Vinci

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Passed the Checkride!

I'm proud to say that there is a new Private Pilot in the Skys over South Texas, and I'm him!!!

The Oral went fairly smooth, I messed up a few things but he was a really relaxed, forgiving, Examiner. The Oral seamed more like a glorified Ground School lesson. He did most of the talking (Not that I minded that lol).

The Flight went very well, other than I forgot to take the 10° Flaps out after the first Take Off. He just pointed, and I reached down put the flaps in. I expected he would fail me, or at least scold me, but he never said a word about it. The other maneuvers went well for the most part. I had to do a Go-Around after I was unable to get the 40° of flaps in. That impressed him that I had "The presence of mind to Go-Around, and not try to save the landing." I was thinking about why I could not get the last 10° of Flaps in, when it hit me. I was going to fast, and with Manual Flaps, I could not put in the last 10° of Flaps. Simple fix, came back in and nailed it.

Now I have my License to learn, and can start getting some "Real World Experience" as the Examiner said.

I'm also happy to say that I got my License at the minimum age required, of 17! Just 9 days before my 18th Birthday!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I've been following your blog and your posts on the blue board, thanks for sharing the experience. I just got my PPL myself a couple months back. Now I don't know what to do with myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete